As a voluntary organisation, Swing Tyne aims to make everyone feel welcome and safe. We will make the environment as safe as possible and respect each individual’s need to take the precautions they feel necessary to protect their health and wellbeing.
What we will do:
- Consider the safe capacity of the room and reserve the right to limit admission
- Encourage everyone to take a Lateral Flow Test on the day of the event
- Ventilate the room as much as possible, ie. front and rear doors to be kept open at all times
- Provide hand sanitiser and encourage its use
- Support people who choose to wear masks and/or remain with one partner or dance solo
- Make reasonable efforts to notify via Swing Tyne Facebook group and website if there’s an outbreak within our community
- Review these guidelines frequently
What we ask you to do:
- Support our volunteers who are running the event by following this guidance
- Attend only if negative on Lateral Flow Test (LFT) in the 24 hours prior to our event
- If you are feeling at all unwell, DO NOT COME! It is often impossible to distinguish between Covid-19 and a cold. This applies even if you have a negative LFT test
- The room may be cold with doors open. Wear layers!
- Use hand sanitiser regularly, especially if rotating partners
- Respect everyone’s right to remain masked and/or not rotate partners
- If you test positive for Covid-19 shortly after attending Swing Tyne, please tell us so that we can alert other attendees
- Check for updates on Swing Tyne Facebook group and website should there be any Covid-19 cases within our community
- Enjoy dancing again!